The Department of Pathology was established in the Medical College in 1999 to provide patient care, services, education and research.
- To make quality the defining element of education and diagnostic services at the National and Global level.
- To make the diagnostic section at par with the best diagnostic pathology laboratories in the country.
- Give emphasis on the coordination and interdependence of the various functions (diagnostic, academic & research) of the Pathology department and clinical departments to achieve effective and efficient patient care.
- Expose the students to basic concepts about human diseases theoretically as well as practically.
- Provide integrated educational experience to undergraduates and postgraduates. In Human Pathology during the specified duration of the course.
- Give undergraduate students an opportunity to participate in the ongoing research programs conducted in the department.