The department of OBG was established in the year 1999. Dr. Latha Sharma was the first HOD. Dr. Usha Sadasivan took over as the HOD of the department in the year 2003, who further steer headed the progress of the department. The first batch of under graduates passed out in the year 2004. The result was 97%. Post graduation course was introduced in May 2005 with an intake of 2 seats per year. Enhancement to 4 seats per year was done in May 2006. In the year 2006, August Dr. Bharathi Baliga took over the department as HOD. The first batch of postgraduates passed out in 2008. The result was 100%. Dr. Raja Gopal K was HOD from December 2009. Currently Dr. Sally Mary Abraham is heading the department from June 2020 to date. At present postgraduate intake is 6 seats per year.
The department of Reproductive Medicine was established in May 2019 it is headed by Dr.Rashmi Nayak, Assistant Professor.
IVF Lab started functioning from 01.12.2020.
|Ovum pick up (IVF+ICS+TESA ICSI)
- To strengthen the obstetric and gynecological services to the community by
- Enhancing high risk obstetric care with addition of fetomaternal unit
- Offering Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Providing cutting edge technology in diagnosis and management of gynecological malignancies
- To promote research
- Undergraduate - 150 seats / year
- MBBS Phase-II (III, IV,V)
- MBBS Phase-III Part-I (VI)
- MBBS Phase-III Part-II (VIII, IX)
- Postgraduate: M.S. degree in OBG - 6 seats / year