The department of radio-diagnosis and medical imaging in Yenepoya Medical College was established is the year 1999. The department is equipped with the state of the art machines, managed by competent radiologists and technologists. It is the first to get the 3T MRI machine in coastal Karnataka. The department provides to services in diagnostic imaging to the patients attending the Yenepoya medical college Hospital and referred patients from other hospitals and clinics in and around Dakshina Kannada.
The department provides academic training to the postgraduate and undergraduate. There is a team of highly motivated radiologists who work and support the department. The department works round the clock with a substantial day to day patient load as well as 24 hours of emergency services.
The department has adequate facilities like office accommodation for teaching and the non- teaching staff, demonstration room, departmental seminar cum library, research lab, PACS and museum.
There are many radiography units (300mA, 500mA, 800mA) supported by fluoroscopy unit 600mA, portable x-ray units, C-arm units with computed radiography system. Department has advanced ultrasound imaging systems with color Doppler, recent imaging technology like elastography and 3D-4D imaging are available in the department.
Department of radiology equipped with mammography units for regular screening of breast cancer. Department has dedicated cross-sectional imaging equipped with 16 slice MDCT and 3T MRI which can perform advanced imaging.
Audio visual and e-learning facilities (LCD Projector with Computer, O.H.P, Computers with Wi-Fi.) are available in the department for teaching Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.
The department is organized with Professor as the Head of the Department and under him, there one professor one Associate Professor, two Assistant Professors, and four Senior Residents and supporting staff with duties and responsibilities
• Radiography and fluoroscopy-guided procedures
• Ultrasound and sonography guided interventions services
• Mammography, CT scan and CT guided interventions
• Diagnostic and therapeutic interventions- TACE and Embolisation
• Complete department with the latest equipment of all imaging modalities under one roof: Digital radiography, ultrasound, mammography, fluoroscopy with II, CT, MRI and angiography including vascular interventions
• Fully integrated PACS-RIS for efficient radiology reporting and workflow
• Full strength of highly qualified and acclaimed faculty imparting best in class education
• Well-structured academic program to suit the needs of students to enable them to become competent radiologists
• Ample research opportunities for postgraduate students
• Multi-modality approach for problem-solving
• Approachable and highly professional departmental environment
• Adequate Para-medical, nursing and office staff
• Continuous improvement to be at par with the best in the field of Radiology.
• Cathlab for vascular intervention.
About the discipline:
Department of radio-diagnosis is committed to giving round the clock radiological services. Department has a well-established system in handling the workflow. Patient care is streamlined with the proper appointment, patient care and reporting system. Radiology reception maintaining the patient billing, fixing an appointment for CT/MRI and dispatching imaging reports. All patients are given information about the imaging modalities, preparation and waiting time for the investigations and reports.
All the staff members, radiographers and supporting staffs are trained about ethics, discipline, counseling and safety aspects while delivering the services to the patients.
The Moto of the department is to give optimal service to the patient while undergoing different investigation as per requested by the clinical. All the investigation done in the department are recorded and monitor of the services are done regularly so as to constantly improve the services in the department.
Programs run by the department:
• Postgraduate - MD Radio-diagnosis.
• Undergraduate (MBBS): Clinical postings in third/ final year
• B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology