“Striving to deliver excellent orthopaedic care and make the department one of the best”
Department of orthopaedics has 3 units as functioning with 2 OPD’s for each unit and 6 Operation theatres. There are around 120 patients visit the OPD everyday routinely. We cater patients from north Kerala, north Karnataka and local patients.
We have arthroplasty clinic which provides
- Total hip replacement,
- Total shoulder replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total elbow replacement
Sports medicine specialities which provide
- Arthroscopic Knee ligament reconstruction surgeries
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgeries
Spine speciality which provides
- Deformity corrective surgeries
- Minimal invasive surgeries
- Endoscopic spinal surgeries
We have dedicated trauma centre which caters polytrauma patients which includes
- Complex trauma fixation
- Limb reconstruction surgeries
- Micro vascular surgeries
- Soft tissue reconstructions
Paediatric speciality which provides
- Deformity correction
Programs run by the department:
- MBBS - 4½ years
- MS Ortho – 3 years
- Certificate course in spine surgery – 6 months
- Planning for Arthroscopy and Sportsmedicine fellowship in future.
Core competencies (Planning to get)
- Navigated replacement surgeries.
- 3D printings for replacement surgeries.
- Sports medicine lab.
- Neuro monitoring spinal surgeries.
- Endoscopic spinal surgeries.
- Training undergraduates, interns and Postgraduates by simulation lab.
- Arthroscopic training by Allen model.
- Arthroplasty training by Saw bone model.
- Handling of first Aid care and managing poly trauma by using medical mannequins.
- State of art patient care by providing high end surgeries.
About the discipline
- To maintain positive atmosphere among the staff.
- To inculcate research methodology in department.
- To cultivate evidence based orthopaedic approach for complex cases.
Spine Fellowship Advertisement for fellowship
2 year Spine Fellowship, under departmetn of Orthopaedics
Last date for application : 31.07.2022
Fellowship begins by : 16.08.2022
Spine Felloship Flyer