The Department of Ophthalmology comprises a cohesive, dynamic and progressive team. It strives for achieving excellence in the fields of patient and community eye care, teaching, research and faculty development.
- To offer an excellent standard in teaching
- To provide continuing medical education in ophthalmology for faculty/practitioners
- To conduct research in basic, applied clinical fields and community Ophthalmology
- To provide accessible, cost-effective, quality eye care
- To promote community eye health awareness
- To actively participate in the National Program for Control of Blindness
- To conduct awareness programs on issues such as Diabetic retinopathy, eye donation.
- Undergraduate: MBBS
- Postgraduate: M.S in Ophthalmology - 5 seats / year
ISR Outreach Activities