The Department of Microbiology was established in the year 1999. It is multidisciplinary consisting of Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Anaerobic bacteriology, Immunology, Parasitology, and Mycobacteriology sections. Teaching is an integral part of the departmental activity & training is imparted to the students using the diagnostic laboratories & the facilities include state of the art equipment like automated blood culture system BACTEC, identification & antimicrobial susceptibility testing system BD Phoenix, Enhanced chemiluminiscence system, Real time PCR and conventional microbiological tools for diagnostic services.
To provide reliable clinical diagnostic services to all its users in a proficient and cost-effective manner and to provide a quality education that integrates the latest research advances with the best clinical practices, to the students, residents, postgraduate trainees.
- To develop state of art facility, in terms of quality infrastructure and trained manpower so as to enable the students of medical microbiology to appreciate the aetiology, immuno- pathogenesis and laboratory diagnosis of common infections and immune mediated diseases.
- To deliver timely and quality diagnostic services to patients.
- To create an environment for need based quality research among faculty and students.
Courses are undertaken:
- Undergraduate: MBBS
- Postgraduate: M.D in Microbiology
- MSc in Medical Microbiology
- Certificate course in Hospital Safety & Infection Control